NerdFamily Things

has been moved to new address

http://www.nerdfamilythings.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Nerd Family Things: Artistic Pursuits Review
My Photo
Name:
Location: Fresno, California, United States

A homeschooling, conservative nerdy mom of 4!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Artistic Pursuits Review


I have said it before and I will say it again... Art isn't my thing. I like to look at it is but I am not talented at all when it comes to creating it. This is one area that I have been looking to outsource with an awesome curriculum. ell, I think I have found it.

I recently acquired Artistic Pursuits book 1 (K-3) An Introduction to the Visual Arts. It is really good! There are many winning aspects to this program. First off I love the fact that there is a supply list in the beginning broken out by units. These are fairly easy to acquire supplies but you can buy them in groups from them. I also love the fact that this is comb bound and not hard bound. It just makes it simpler to use.

Educationally, I love that they pair a little art appreciation along with actual art. This is the best of both worlds to me. For example it pairs a portrait of Henry VIII by Hans Holbein the Younger and what to look for in it with creating your own portrait.

I have looked at a few art curriculum and I really think this is my favorite. The kids love it because it is simple and doesn't take a lot of time. I love it because it is giving them some classical art knowledge and some art ability at the same time.

So go look at the various books offered by Artistic Pursuits for all grade levels and let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home